Diabetes Care Trust Grants
The Diabetes Care Trust (ABCD) Ltd offers grants to support projects that are likely to be a direct benefit to people with diabetes.
The objectives of our charity are to:
- Advance and encourage the education of medical and other health care professionals involved in the care of those with diabetes.
- Improve the understanding of people with diabetes about their own condition.
- Advance the knowledge of the public in all matters relating to diabetes and diabetes care.
- Support clinical research aimed at making direct improvements in the care and wellbeing of people with diabetes.
- Improve the audit and scrutiny of treatments and technology for people with diabetes.
The support offered is in various forms and the size of the grant is not limited but is unlikely to be more than £20,000 per year; smaller grants are also considered as well as awards to support preliminary work. In suitable cases bursaries are available to complete research over a set time. Projects with funding matched by other organisations are considered. For further information and grant application forms please contact us.
Applicants for DCT grants must complete an application form and undertake to follow the conditions set out.
The final conclusions of the project will appear in the British Journal of Diabetes. This will usually be as a peer-reviewed paper published in full but other formats will be considered after discussion with the chairman of the Trust.